Monday, September 23, 2013

City Eclogue Response

City Eclogue by Ed Roberson really interested me in many different ways. I like how a lot of the poems are spaced out and weird looking. It makes the reader wonder about why it is written like that. I am not sure why it is written like that. It gives the poems a certain vibe that makes each line mysterious.

In the poem Seqouia Sempervirens, the first line says " We are about what, a squirrel's size is to a tree, to this tree." To me I understand what it means in the terms of the squirrel being small and the tree being alot bigger. I especially like the comparison between the squirrel and the tree. It can also foreshadow what I am about to read. It gave me good imagery of a little tiny squirrel looking at huge tree. This was a main point that I liked out of all the poems.

In Beauty's Standing 1 I like how they use the imagery and the comparisons that he made. " Building up more junk and more junk doesn't pay the bills and get the light back on". I am sort of certain what is meant by this. I get the understanding that if you pile junk on junk you wont be able to pay the bills and wont have light or any other things that we want. It can be also in a non literal way that I would not be able to understand.




1 comment:

  1. ok, good, keep going and say a bit more, discuss further. 8/10

    ReplyDelete